Swan with triple-barbed pike hook in throat
The inspector said there are many incidents where swans die a horrible death, after fishing hooks and tackle get stuck in throats, or they get tangled up in discarded fishing litter.
Cygnets loose their mother
A mother of cygnets was found floating dead, with a hook in its mouth. A local resident said that fisherman leave behind lines, hooks and rubbish. Dogs have also been injured.
Triple fishing hook attached to beak and wing of swan in Scotland
When she was rescued she was found swimming in circles, and it was found that she had swallowed fishing wire. Later her face had to be was stitched up.
Cygnet, entangled in line, drowned after hook went beak
An animal rescuer said the baby swan was still warm when it was netted it out of the canal. Two anglers had ran away from the scene rather than getting help.
Baby swan with barbed hook stuck in tongue
In Wales, the swan RSPCA inspector, said that in swans, line causes
cut off blood supply
, while weights can be swallowed causing
internal injuries and blockages
Baby swan hooked
A baby swan had to be rescued after it was found caught by a hook and line,
discarded by anglers
in New Jersey.
Angler’s barbed hooks embedded in foot and leg of swan
In Scotland, a swan was found with a
hook in his foot
barbed hook in his leg
. The hooks had probably been
embedded for days
considerable discomfort and pain
. Swans are
on the loch by angling tackle.
New York Police rescue swan
Police in New York had to rescue an angler’s victim. Discarded
line was around her neck
hook was stuck in her bill