Dog Bleeds to Death
A 13-year-old dog bled to death from a
swallowed angler’s hook
. After being put on a drip, she
went into a coma
and then died. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds considered whether to ban fishermen from their nature reserve.
Dog Blinded by Anglers
Bella, a spaniel, was
hooked in her eye
while walking with her owner, causing her to become permanently blind in the eye. The owner’s other dog also had a line wrapped around her foot and a
hook impaled in her pad
Puppy Swallows Barbed Fishing Hooks
A border collie puppy chewed fishing line abandoned on a beach, causing him to swallow barbed hooks, which then became
embedded in his oesophagus
Hooks Lodged in Dog’s Stomach
Two discarded hooks were swallowed by a golden retriever. They became lodged in the stomach and small intestine. The owner saw a
fishing line coming out of her mouth
later removed the hooks.
Dog Nearly Dies after Swallowing Fish Hook
swallowed a fishing hook left near a water’s edge. The
had to be removed from her
Fishing Hook in Dog’s Tongue
A border collie puppy inquisitively picked up a large discarded angler’s hook. She
tried to pull it out in pain
, after she had bit on it, and it went through her
. Abandoned tackle at the site has been a long-term problem.
Call to Step up Action Over Illegal Angling
A labrador was
swallowed a barbed fishing hook
, after eating a piece of bread on the ground.
was needed to remove it from her oesophagus.
Fish Lure Impaled Disabled Woman’s Dog
A 9-month-year old
picked up a fishing lure in his mouth by a canal. It became entangled in his mouth, causing
. The disabled owner had to spend £300 of her disability allowance at the vet’s.
Fishing Hook and Line Lodged in Dog’s Stomach
A dog owner found her Jack Russell gulping as fishing line went down her throat. The line and hook became
lodged in the dog’s stomach
. Fishing line can
cut like cheese wire